Beyond the company’s commitments to environmental protection under applicable laws and regulations, Erdene is a signatory to the Voluntary Code of Practice on Water Management in Mongolia to:
- Act transparently and with accountability;
- Comply with national law and international standards;
- Engage proactively and inclusively;
- Effective water resource management and conservation;
- Create positive impacts; and
- Support local water infrastructure and services.
Erdene manages the domestic and solid waste generated at its minerals projects by minimizing, sorting, and disposing of waste material in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.